Congratulations Catherine Follett!
Jane and Abi, and all of the team at MSM Legal would like to congratulate Catherine in her appointment as Partner to the firm from 8 September 2016. Catherine joined the firm’s associated Lao Office in 2009 and was instrumental in the establishment and operation of that office for some 4 1/2 years.
On returning to Australia in 2013, Catherine joined the MSM Adelaide office as a Senior Associate.
In light of Catherine’s 20 years of experience in the law and her dedication to the objectives of the firm over the last 7 1/2 years, it seemed past time to recognise her contributions to the firm and promote her to a more senior role.
Please join us in offering our Congratulations!
New Points for Skilled Visas
On 10 September 2016, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection introduced new points options for those who have completed research qualifications in STEM fields at an Australian educational institution. This new points options recognises the value of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to Australia’s future. To be eligible to claim five (05) points for this ‘specialist education’ general skilled migration applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have met the requirements for the award (by an Australian educational institution) of a masters degree by research or a doctoral degree where that degree included study for at least two academic years, and in one of the following fields:
Natural and Physical Sciences:
- Biological Sciences;
- Chemical Sciences;
- Earth Sciences;
- Mathematical Sciences;
- Natural and Physical Sciences;
- Other Natural and Physical Sciences;
- Physics and Astronomy.
- Computer Science;
- Information Systems;
- Information Technology;
- Other Information Technology.
Engineering and Related Technologies:
- Aerospace Engineering and Technology;
- Civil Engineering;
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Technology;
- Engineering and Related Technologies;
- Geomatic Engineering; Manufacturing and Engineering Technology;
- Maritime and Engineering Technology;
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and Technology;
- Other Engineering and Related Technologies;
- Process and Resources Engineering.